ART AND HISTORY COLLECTIONS IN TWO HISTORIC BUILDINGS
Located In Historic Downtown Los Gatos, California
Open Wednesday – Sunday, Noon – 4pm
Wheelchair Accessible – Convenient Parking – Free Admission
The Art Museum in the TAIT FIREHOUSE
4 Tait Avenue at W. Main St.
Los Gatos, CA 95030
The History Museum in the Forbes Mill Annex
75 Church St off E. Main St.
Los Gatos, CA 95030
Please note that we have changed the name of the Museums of Los Gatos web site to:
Please update your Internet browser bookmark for the museum.
For information on CURRENT EVENTS and EXHIBITS
The Museums of Los Gatos is a non-profit educational institution that promotes and encourages a greater understanding of our rich local history and the fine arts through its exhibitions, collections and programs for the benefit of Los Gatos residents, and visitors to Los Gatos.
- 8 Reasons Why We Love the Los Gatos Museum of ArtWhy do I love the Los Gatos Museum of Art? The Los Gatos Museum of Art is a museum in San Jose, California. It is located at 1530 El Camino Real, and was founded in 1906. The Los Gatos Museum of Art is located in Santa Clara, California. It was founded in 1925 by a […]
- Get Inspired in Historic DowntownIf you’re looking for something to do in historic downtown during your visit, be sure to check out the list of recommendations provided in this article. From eating and shopping to exploring art galleries and museums, you’re sure to have a great time! Introduce readers to historic downtown and the different attractions and activities available. […]
- “Los Gatos Museum: Explore the Local Art Scene with These Tours”Are you interested in learning more about the local art scene in Los Gatos? If so, take advantage of these tours! These tours will introduce you to the works of local artists and help you to appreciate the artistry that has been produced in the area. Local Art Scene The local art scene in Los […]
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Parking SpreesLooking to get the most out of your parking sprees? Cell phone games can help! These games can help you learn about your surroundings, stay motivated, and avoid making a mistake. Tips for maximizing your cell phone’s use as a parking game To maximize the use of your cell phone as a parking game, here […]
- Learn how to spot the difference between real and fake art in the Los Gatos MuseumAre you looking to learn something new and interesting about local art galleries? If so, the Los Gatos Museum is the perfect place for you! Here, you’ll learn how to spot the difference between real and fake art, and this knowledge will enrich your appreciation for the wonderful pieces on display. So come on in, […]
- The History of ‘The Simpsons’ in 20 Facts20 Facts about ‘The Simpsons’ That Will Blow Your Mind The Simpsons originally aired on FOX before being moved to the more popular network, CBS, in December of 1989. The show is based on the comic book series of the same name created by Matt Groening. For over 25 years, “The Simpsons” has been a […]
- How to Fight Negative Stylization in Your WritingWhen you’re writing for a general audience, it’s important to be aware of the dangers of negative stylization. This term refers to exaggerated, artificial language or style that can make a text look unrealistic or forced. Used carelessly, negative stylization can come across as pretentious or ignorant. But it can also be a powerful tool […]
- The Downsides of Overemphasising Your StyleIf you’re looking to stand out from the crowd, but you don’t want to go over the top with your style, there are some things to consider. Over-emphasizing your style can have negative consequences, including feeling restricted, feeling like you need to be perfect, and feeling like you’re not good enough. The Downsides of Overemphasising […]
- How To Be A Better Art ExplorerIf you want to become a better artist, then you need to start by learning how to differentiate between art and artifice. Art is created through the artist’s own imagination and emotions, while artifice is something that has been created intentionally to imitate or resemble art. By understanding these two different types of art, you […]